Libercantus is a vocal ensemble founded in Perugia in 2006 by Vladimiro Vagnetti. Its repertoire ranges from the Early Music up to the modern and contemporary polyphonic choral music, both sacred and profane.
The passion for ancient music and contemporary polyphony is the fil rouge, the common theme, that unites the members of the Libercantus, vocal ensemble. Since 2006 it has been standing out for the refinement and the espressivity of their muscial performances, and for the variety of the programmes performed at several concerts and national musical festivals.
10th Choir Festival of Ancient Music in L’Aquila, Choir Festival in Cordenons (Pordenone), Choirs Festival of Comuni del Chianti in Barberino Val d’Elsa, D’UmbriAntica Musica Festival, Gregorian Chant Week in Norcia, Festival “Giornate del Patrimonio UNESCO” and “Per Sonar Organi 2011” in Genova, Nationl Literature Festival “Bagliori d’Autore” 2011, 2015 and 2016 in Perugia and Civitanova Marche.
Libercantus performed many concerts as well , including: Concert for the 820th anniversary of the canonization of St.Ubald, Concerts in The upper Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi, in Panicale for the Morettini Festival, in The Basilica of St. Peter in Perugia, in the Orvieto Dome, in Ascoli Piceno for the Appenino Festival 2013 and in the Templar Complex of San Bevignate in Perugia (“In Paradisum”), Concert at the Pantheon in Roma for the opening of the Jubilee Year of Mercy on december 2015. In april 2016 Libercantus performed in Tübingen, Germany.
Libercantus was involved in the recording of “Paesaggi Umbri” by Antonio Rossi in 2008.
In 2013 Libercantus recorded its first album “Geometrie Vocali – Sacred Songs”.
- 2014, Second Prize ex aequo (1st Prize not assigned) – 4th Edition of National Choral Competition “Città di Fermo”.
- 2015, First Prize – International Choirs Competition of Sacred Music “Irenè” Città di Chivasso.
- 2015, First Prize and Special Prize Feniarco- 32nd National Polyphonic Contest “Guido d’Arezzo”.
- 2016, Second Prize (1st Prize not awarded) Category “Vocal Ensemble” – 64th International Polyphonic Contest “Guido d’Arezzo”.
- 2016, First Prize and Special Prize “A.Ba.Co”- 6th “Antonio Guanti” International Choir Competition